Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back in the Saddle

As reported earlier on Rio's blog, I was "out sick" from early Sunday morning until late yesterday afternoon. Thanks to excellent advice from Helping Paws, and wonderful care at several vet clinics, I am feeling much better. Apparently I just missed seeing Scooter and Merlot or Rio in Inver Grove. While a case of mastitis is not fun, there is an upside. I have convinced Team Cheers that the meds have made my tummy upset and as a result I get to go on the hamburger (or maybe chicken) and rice diet for a few days. YUM YUM!

And the puppies survived just fine without me. They have been on solid food (if you call that goo "solid") for a week and on Sunday they started eating the same food that I was on, except theirs was mushed up and mixed with special puppy food. And this switch to dog food had nothing to do with me going away-it was all part of the plan. On Sunday staff ran out of baby cereal, and this morning they ran out of the powdered special puppy food, so starting later today, the puppies will eating nothing but real dog food, though it will still be mushed and mashed for them. They love it.

The puppies were so happy to see me return that they threw me a party (of sorts) that is best not discussed here :)

Note to Rio-The bar stools have been sent out for repair (Thanks for recommending the extended warranty!) and they should be in full working order by Friday.

No comments: