Thursday, March 12, 2009

Puppies Everywhere!

First of all, congrats to Faith (I think I'm her aunt) on the birth of nine puppies, and to Rio on the birth of 10 little hunters-all 19 born yesterday. I hope that Crew Rio, Team Faith, and the folks from Helping Paws are enjoying a well deserved rest tonight.

Sometimes it feels like I have 19 puppies here. You may have noticed that the pace of my blogging has slowed down. That is for a variety of reasons. One of the main reasons is that when staff cleans the X-pen, they turn all the puppies loose on the floor of the living room and dining room. That gives me enough space to properly play with the puppies, or at least attempt to teach them how to play properly. Sometimes I have to stick their little heads in my mouth to get them to settle down.

The other reason is that there seems to be lots of people that want to come to see the puppies. Tonight is the first night that I haven't had anybody to show off the puppies to since Saturday Don't get me wrong, guests are great (I saw former staff members on Sunday and Monday) and I LOVE to show off my litter. But they do wear me out too. (Closed circuit to Crew Rio staff # 2-Vera did a real "zoomie" tonight! I am so proud!)

The other reason is that staff is having a hard time getting good pictures. The puppies seem to have 3 speeds; eating, sleeping and GO!. Or in other words, the only time that they stay still long enough to have cute pictures taken is when they are asleep. And though their table manners have improved, their eating behaviour is still not cute.

Here's me patrolling the pen for leftover puppy food and whatever else I can find to eat in the X-pen :)
One of the boys actually sat still long enough to get his picture! I'm not sure which one it is ( I think its a boy because it looks blonde, and all my girls are red, except Diane, and she has a very distinct face) Staff takes tons of pictures and can never remember who is who. I must remember to get them on that portrait thing this weekend.

Here you see puppies plotting there escape from the X-pen. Lucky for me they can't quite get up there yet. Several of them have taken running jumps at my step! All this activity tires them out. Below are several pictures of sleeping puppies



Puppies exploring

Puppies wrestling.


1 comment:

Elmcreek said...

Looking Good Cheers! You look like you are a really busy Mom. My babies only eat, sleep, eat and sleep and of course poop, but I take care of that.

I'll send pictures soon

Rio, The Black Lab