Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Great Outdoors

Everyone here at Team Cheers has been eagerly awaiting this day. Events have conspired to delay it, but FINALLY we got to put the puppies in the puppy pen. Let me explain-when I employed my current staff, I specified that I would need a special outdoor area just for my future litters. Team Cheers, with some help from great neighbor, got it done. Team Cheers has been eager to use it, but between meetings, the weather and other issues, the pups have not been able to utilize the pen. Until today.

Today when the pups got back from their maiden voyage to Helping Paws (hopefully this will be the subject of a future post), they were taken straight from their kennels and placed in the pen. I honestly thought that the puppy testing would have tired them out, but apparently they found the fresh air invigorating.


They loved the room-it gave them more space to chase each other.

Some, of course were curious about the other side of the wire.

They were also provided with familiar toys, which they enjoyed tremendously
Some learned how to chew on sticks.
They explored the corners.....
Hung out in the tunnel...........
Checked out the flower beds
Posed nicely
Occasionally I had to step in and show them how to play properly

Here you see me giving a sniffing lesson

Another corner is explored. Apparently the blond boy is the lookout.

They also worked on their prancing skills
As well as exploring the dark recesses of their play area.
And they ran! Oh my did they run!
At one point it got so silly that I had to step out. The pups all weigh around 9-10 lbs, and when they all get to running is quite a sight to behold.
And they learning picnicking skills.

2 comments:

Faith - Helping Paws said...

Wow! Great looking Glodens. Melt my heart. I hope Faith's puppies are this cute.

2blackdogs said...

Absolutely adorable! Wish they were at our house!