Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sleep in its many forms

We here at Team Cheers have received lots of positive feedback on our little enterprise, and we get many, many requests for pictures. So here you go. Also, Team Cheers is taking tomorrow night off, so this is our second post of the night. Team Cheers needs to catch up on its collective sleep. And that is the subject of this post-Sleep. Above is a typical night at Cheers. Some patrons are firmly ensconced at their bar stools, others are napping quietly.

I continue to be amazed at the variety of noises that they make. Sometimes I have to look around to see if R2-D2 is in the whelping box because I hear such a variety of beeps, whistles, grunts and such.

I'm also quite pleased with how quickly they are developing. The pads on their toes have turned black already, and their little legs are getting noticeably stronger. They may even start puppy exercises tomorrow. (Seriously-Helping Paws has some simple puppy exercises they can be doing this early). And as they get bigger, their tummies hold more so they can sleep longer. So without further ado, I present to you the many forms of sleeping puppies. The first is the ever popular "Group Sleep". Its very common here to have 2-6 puppies sleeping close to each other.
Sometimes they sleep on me.
Every once in a while one falls asleep right in front of me, and I sleep on him!
And they're not picky about which leg they sleep on. You already saw one sleeping on my front leg. Below is one sleeping on my back leg. Not sure how that ball got in here. They are obviously too small to fetch it. But someday.............
Sometimes they sleep on each other.
But I can't sleep when I hear the cat's bell jingling. Which way did she go?
And when they wake up, they need baths.
This one has already mastered the "classic" sleeping dog position.
This may look like a wrestling match, but its actually another group nap, albeit a small one.
Goodnight,
Cheers

1 comment:

Amber-Mae said...

They are soooper cute! I hope mah puppies will turn out as cute & healthy as them too. You're a good mother Cheers!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer