Saturday, February 7, 2009

A lazy Saturday

Does it get any lazier than ten puppies sleeping in a group? Today we had a very lazy Saturday. I spent most of the day in the whelping box with the puppies. They are at a stage where they seem to sleep (quietly) for long periods of time. I must say that I am enjoying that as it makes it easier for me to hear the cat approach. Below you see me doing my guard dog impression. I know don't look much like a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler, but it fools the cat.


Like I said the puppies are busy sleeping, nursing and most importantly, GROWING. Their legs are getting stronger and I think that I have seen tails wag too
But the opportunities for Team Cheers to take cute pictures of the puppies is pretty limited to mostly "puppies nursing" and "puppies sleeping". In order to keep the staff (and the puppies) interested in photo ops, I ran a little "Fill in the caption on the photo" contest today. Here are the winners:
"Mom-Cliff and Norm are picking on me"
"Woody naps in the strangest places" (what can I say, we only had three entries and welcome your suggestions for this one)
"Cliff attempts to impersonate Gene Simmons"

2 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Cheers, your birthing box is really nice...

Boogie Woogie,
Solid Gold Dancer

Ally and Eclipse said...

I know I'm a year late, but the cute little guy drank a little much at the "bar"

Ally & Eclipse (Puppy raiser and ADIT for The Joys of Living Assistance Dogs in Oregon)