Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Its been a while since I blogged about me. Congrats to Faith again-Her team/owners/staff have no idea how much fun (and laundry) they are in for. But so far its been well worth it. In fact, it gets rather routine at times, as evidenced by the above picture. Yes, that's me at the tail end of a yawn. I climb in the box, give them baths, them let them nurse. After that I am outta there as I am slowly returning to my normal dog duties. For those of you that know my habits really well, you will be glad to know that I have 'relocated' :) some of Team Cheers' gloves and shoes and I have also resumed walking one member of my staff. I have to take it slow with him as I've not had much of a chance to take him out lately. And yes, I've resumed my usual role of maid. Whenever Team Cheers sits down to a meal, I am there to make sure that no food hits the floor. The things I do for these people!

Anyway, you are probably not here to hear about me, but about the pups. They are still in their Eat/Sleep/GROW mode. They are now able to get up on all four legs and stumble a step or two. And some eyes are starting to open. Diane was the first to show a gleam in her eye. And I'm pretty sure that gleam was directed towards Sam. (I must credit that line to someone from Helping Paws.)

As you can see in the pictures below, their nursing behavior has become much more 'disorderly', to put it nicely. Even though they can't see me very well or hear me if I come in the box, they can smell me, and now that they can actually move with their legs and not on their bellies, my entrance is starting to have a 'jailbreak' quality to it. As you can see, they crawl all over me once I get situated.
I think they have realized that if they come at me from multiple directions, I can't get them all bathed as they come in. I think I saw a bunch of wolves exhibit the same pack behavior on a deer the other night on Animal Planet. Come to think of it, I guess the pups are feeding on me too...........
Below are the die-hards. The other five patrons have left their bar stools at Cheers and stumbled off somewhere to sleep it off.
This is where I blog. I thought you might like to see it. I have given Team Cheers the assignment of taking individual portraits of all the pups. Hopefully they will have them ready when I am ready to blog again.

No comments: