Friday, January 30, 2009

The Wait

Above is a picture of me when I was much skinnier. I'm about 15 lbs heavier now, but no pictures of that will be pulished here. My due date has been calculated by several people. Helping Paws says today, but the vet says Sunday. So that means that I must be on some kind of "watch" list. One of my staff came home early yesterday afternoon, and I have not been left alone since. Someone from Helping Paws came last night at 10 PM to check on me and make sure that I wasn't going to have puppies last night (thanks again to Helping Paws for that-it was truly appreciated) I got to sleep in the whelping box last night, and a staff member slept on the couch to monitor me overnight. And they follow me when I have to go outside. Do they think I'm going to sneak into the woods and give birth?

Right now I am hoping that Helping Paws date is right because I am getting very tired of waiting. And I'm tired of my staff bothering me too. They all ask "Is it time yet Cheers?" or "Ready to have puppies?" My response, if I could talk, would be "They'll come when they're ready-you can't rush these things" But I think the puppies must be ready. Judging by the way that they were moving around this morning, I can only surmise that they were having their own little pre-whelping party in there! They have worn me out and I have spent most of the morning just lying on the floor. I didn't even get up when I heard the bag of snacks being opened in the kitchen!

So there you have it. Waiting is no fun. I figure that I killed 10 minutes updating the blog. But I must go now. My tummy is so big that I can barely reach the keyboard anyway.

1 comment:

Speak(er) said...

Good luck, Cheers' staff. Belle and I are pulling for you - and we can't wait to meet all the puppies when they start Perfect Puppy in April or so.