Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Palace Fit for a Queen

Today the whelping box arrived. (Somehow this makes the impending birth seem even more real). My staff spent part of the afternoon setting it up, and of course I had to supervise. It was quite a process. This must be a really big deal if they are setting up a separate structure in the living room just for me.

The first step was to put down the tarp. I really like that color of blue. I think it sets off my coloring nicely :) Next up is the rug. You probably can't tell from the pictures, but the pattern on the rug nearly matches my collar. As with the tarp, I need to sniff it thoroughly.

After that it was 'the tray'. It's some sort of contraption made out of wood and linoleum ("vinyl floor covering" actually-thank you for the clarification Carolyn) and is to make sure that the puppies don't damage the floor. Every once in a while I had to provide some close supervision during the assembly process. :)
Voila! The finished tray. Do you know how hard it is to run a drill without an opposable thumb?

After that the whelping box went up so quickly that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, and the next thing I knew, my pillow was in there and I was being encouraged to jump in and test it. I sent one of my staff in to test the pillow (one can't be too careful!).
The pillow was found to be satisfactory, so next I had to give it my seal of approval
It passes-This space to be filled with puppies next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Cheers,
You are treated like a queen! (As you should be, since you are carrying such precious puppies.) Enjoy these last few days of quiet. The puppies will soon be here!
Carmen and Ani